Author Topic: G-Box Midnight wifi issues.  (Read 538 times)

Offline jrt13

• View Profile
G-Box Midnight wifi issues.
« on: August 03, 2013, 09:31:09 PM »

I have a G-box midnight and im having problems connecting to my wifi, it connects, says obtaining ip address, then the wifi signal just disappears, and then it does it again, its over and over, it will not connect.  the password is correct and other things connect to it, it even connects at my friends house, any ideas?

Thanks

Jeff

« Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 09:31:09 PM by jrt13 »

Offline tjc

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2013, 10:46:52 AM »
Physical location or maybe it doesn\'t like your WAP? Lots of possible reasons.

Try installing WiFi Analyzer and checking the signal where you\'re setting it up. A TV with a bunch of cables and other devices or something else may be be creating \"shadows\". (For example there\'s one in my back bedroom on the other side of the wall from the bathtub.) Or there may be interference from other nearby WiFI equipment.

There are also some pieces of equipment that just don\'t play well together.

Offline Carolinablue

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2013, 06:22:53 PM »
I remember a while back someone mentioned an usb antenna that worked real well. Anyone remember what this was?

Offline tpc

• Baby Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2013, 09:18:55 PM »
wifi can be a bit flaky on these things as many have reported.  i had to send my original one back. i plugged in the new one today and have not had any of the problems my first one had. 

Offline calibratedfumble

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2013, 11:47:24 PM »
This problem can also be caused by a hardware initialization error.  I\'ve encountered the exact same thing.  This is what worked for me, found on these forums prior to loss:

Turn off gbox, turn off TV, turn on Gbox wait a second, turn on tv.

For some reason this prevents conflict with the wifi hardware initialization at boot.  In fact, I\'ve practically started making it a point to turn the gbox on before the tv, or just leave it on all the time.

Offline themoose

• Baby Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2013, 12:07:14 PM »
I noticed when connecting to Wifi, you have to have to make sure your ssid in not hidden in your router settings. If hidden, I get the error message \"wifi is out-of-range\" even though my mx2 is less than 10 feet way from my router. I\'ve has no issues with wifi, seems to stream 720p with no problems.

Offline Dimitri007

• Baby Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2013, 12:18:26 PM »
I have wifi adapter, tp-link DWA. 125, as I can make it work in the gbox midnight?