Kodi Official Repository: How to install legal Add-ons easily
Hopefully, you’ve had a chance to check out our favorite addons: The best legal video addons for Kodi. In this post, we’re going to show you a quick and easy way to install most of these add-ons. Since Kodi has an official repository that comes with Kodi by default, installing these add-ons couldn’t be easier. While there are countless third-party repositories available for Kodi, we’d like to point out that the only ones that are guaranteed to be safe are the ones released by the Kodi team. This also ensures that the content is up-to-date and free of any malware. This guide assumes that you’re using the Omnistick S8X Kodi Media Player but the process is the same with most other devices.
- From the main Kodi menu, using arrow keys, choose “Add-ons” from the left sidebar. Then select “Install from repository” from the right window pane.
- Select “Kodi Add-on repository” from the repository selection list.
- Choose “Video add-ons” from the list of available add-ons from the Kodi repository
- Choose the Add-on that you would like to install. In this tutorial we chose “YouTube”
- Simply click “Install” from the Add-on description screen.
- You may be prompted to install additional add-ons to support the add-on you’re installing. Simply click “OK” to install these dependencies.
- After the installation is complete you can back out to the main Kodi screen, scroll down to “Add-ons” and you’ll notice that your new Add-on will be listed. You can now click on the Add-on that you installed and enjoy!
This tutorial was created using the brand new OmniStick S8X. The OmniStick is a Kodi device designed to run Kodi with efficiency, speed and is extremely affordable.
There you have it!
As you can see, installing Add-ons from the official Kodi repository is simple and painless. We encourage you to explore the vast list of available Add-ons that the awesome Kodi team has so generously put together for you! Also, as a recommendation, any time you install any Add-ons, if you’re given the choice to choose a repository, always choose the “Kodi Official Repository” over any 3rd party ones. This will ensure that your device is protected from malicious and potentially illegal add-ons.
As a side-note, for your protection, you should consider the list of Banned Kodi Addons which are available from their Wiki. These addons are known to have some sort of issue, whether they are illegal by nature or malicious by intent. Either way, use your best judgment when installing any Add-ons that are not in an official repo. You can find out more about Kodi’s addons by visiting here: https://kodi.tv/addons