Below are the instructions and files needed to update to the 2.2.1 BETA firmware:
Required for this process,
- G-box Q/Q²
- An empty SD card (formatted to FAT32 with at least 2 GB of memory and no more than 32 GB of memory)
- Computer with SD card slot
- Google Chrome browser (using Internet Explorer or safari to download these files can cause complications with this process)
First start by downloading the firmware files. You can download the firmware by clicking each file individually.
2.2.1 and recovery
Once you have downloaded the two files, you will copy and paste them onto your empty SD card.
(there must be no other files on the SD card, and the zipped files must remain zipped)
After you have placed the two files onto your SD card, you will begin the toothpick method.
- Disconnect power from G-box Q².
- Insert SD card with firmware files into card slot on the side of your G-box Q².
- Insert toothpick or similar object into "reset" hole on the back of your G-box Q², until you feel a click.
- Once you feel the click of the reset button, Hold it down with toothpick while reconnecting the power to your G-box Q².
- Hold down the button for roughly 20-30 seconds or until you see your screen change.
- Select "Apply Update From EXT"
- Select the Update Zip file
- Select Reboot System now
This should complete the 2.2.1 manual firmware reflash on your G-box Q/Q²
If you need anything else, please do not hesitate to contact us again.
Thank you for choosing Matricom! Have a wonderful day!